Vigilant Controls India range of feeder pillars has been tried and tested in an extensive variety of applications and conditions to prove their durability against the elements and the rigors of all urban and rural environments.
Vigilant Controls India provides one of the most comprehensive ranges of feeder pillars, both shells and pre-wired with distribution equipment with a range of sizes and options to suit a wide variety of applications.
The range includes Mini pillars manufactured to Maxi double door pillars.
Vigilant Controls India are committed to providing excellent quality and service and have made a deliberate investment in finished stock to ensure the promptest delivery times.
All products are designed, manufactured and inspected under stringent Quality Control Systems resulting in products and service levels which exceed, the requirements of current legislation and regulations.
Vigilant Controls India designed feeder pillar to a specific customer requirement . Feeder Pillar Panel made of CRCA Sheet, Pedestal mounted 415 volts, Powder coated painting on a suitable size angle iron frame (MS channel base for grouting in the RCC and proper gland in the bottom) with required hardware such as nuts, bolts, washers, provision for earthing with40mmx5mm GI strip on both sides of the feeder pillar panel, complete with Ammeter & Voltmeter along with selector switches and CTs, LED indicating lamps for each phase .
Feeder pillar panel shall be of class IP-55 & a canopy shall be provided at its top to protect the feeder pillar panel against the rain & sunlight.
Feeder pillar panel shall be of double door type with provision of gasket. Provision of transparent sheet shall be made to take reading of Ammeter &Voltmeter with out opening the door. Lifting hook to be provided for easy handling of Feeder Pillar Panel.
All dimensions are in mm. General tolerances on dimensions ±10 mm. Manufacturer have to submit GA drawings with exact size and arrangement of all the components of reputed brands for approval.
WHAT ARE FEEDER PILLAR?
Feeder pillars are the breaker panels which is the very first set of switching/protection device at the output/secondary side of the transformer and panel board is a set of switching/protection devices used for distribution of power supply.
If we say it simply, feeder pillar is a central circuit that controls and monitors electricity supply in various houses and offices throughout a region. The basic function of this centralized electrical circuit is to act as the storehouse for the power supplied from the main source and convert it to low voltage electricity for domestic and office use.
A feeder pillar provides local isolation to your electrical distribution equipment, protecting both the cabling and the transformer from faults. Feeder pillars allow simple and local maintenance to your equipment, reducing site downtime and reducing overall maintenance costs.
Vigilant Controls India offer a comprehensive range of feeder pillars which come fully assembled to meet your specification, allowing simple onsite installation.
ADVANTAGES OF FEEDER PILLAR:
- The total insulation of the pillar protects operators who may be in proximity to the pillar or performing maintenance procedures.
- The top short-circuiting device assures the short-circuiting and earthing of the transformer LV input.
- The top and bottom voltage sockets enable operators to carry out EST (electrical safety testing) procedures quickly and safely.
Simple optimized operation
- A quick-connection interface allows the safe connection of an external emergency or maintenance power source.
- A provisional feeder is provided for temporary installations such as building sites, fun fairs, etc.
- The power supply for internal circuits and lighting is provided directly by the pillar.
- Better awareness of the requirements for power supply continuity and the safety of property and persons.
- The pillar quality assurance procedures ensure reliability: individual tests for each pillar, traceability, comprehensive sampling tests, etc.
Features of Feeder Pillar:
- Rear & front mounted phase busbars to ensure safety, as well as ease of inspection, maintenance and installation of equipment through front-end jointing for all outgoing connections.
- Canopy type ceiling, double-door construction, weather-proof coating, rubber seal gaskets and other features for reliable performance in all outdoor applications.
- Provision of neutral, neutral earth, earth busbars for safely carrying any fault current to earthing provided through channel base.
- Tamper proof locks, strong moulded DMC phase barriers across fuse-links & MCCB and other features for added safety and reliance.
- Feeder pillars are designed to take care of all types of cabling arrangements through suitable cable clamps.BENEFITS OF FEEDER PILLAR:Long Life, Low Maintenance – distribution pillars are made from CRCA and powder coat painted for UV resistance, IP65 rated and fitted with locks.Reduced Cost, Increased Efficiency – distribution pillars locatable close to the electricity supply point thereby reducing the amount of low voltage cabling required, cutting installed cost and client running costs.Release Premium Building Space – where space is unavailable for bulky indoor switchgear, compact outdoor distribution feeder pillars liberate high-demand, indoor floor space.Delivered to Site, Ready to Use – fully assembled LV distribution feeder pillars are fitted out to customers specification for fast site installation – single phase (240V) and three phase (415V) service feeder pillars for low voltage electricity distribution.Expand for Future Demand – spare capacity built into distribution feeder pillar design for retrofitting and upgrading of control, monitoring and extra circuit equipment.